Magnus has a proven record of successful support for CIOs and PM staff through: task area performance monitoring; program analysis and management; implementation of process improvement initiatives; and making information management efficient, uniform, accessible, and secure.
We perform the types of work called for in Performance Work Statements throughout our IT portfolios and provide service management to our clients as they request it – benchmarking our projects from inception to closeout through detailed Project/Task Order Management Plans (PMPs). Project management and technical support for IT application and business systems, software development (including Agile), documentation, and reviews, assessments, and system architecture analysis and make recommendations on enterprise architectures are core specialties. Portfolio Management and IT Governance and objective IT alignment (budgets, objectives, mission, etc.) are conducted in our PMO.
We support our clients in the Investment Review Board and IT Executive Council decision-making process and provide cost and financial analysis to their portfolios, including benefits realization techniques. We provide IT Milestone Reviews and IT Portfolio Management training as well as OMB Budget Submission support, including budget data, earned value and monthly submission data, pass-back, and ad-hoc data requests. All of these services are provided in the federal IT environment.
Our approach to comprehensive and effective project management is described below:
- A strong Program Management based on PMBOK best practices that provides an effective way to develop and coordinate requirements, manage the project risks, and manage the resources that ultimately makes the project successful.
- A Risk Management Plan (RMP) to identify risks throughout task execution, monitor activities for potential risks, mitigate risks, and develop contingency plans should those risks come to fruition.
- A highly skilled, stable, security-conscious, and multi-functional workforce with a strong team ethics to partner with our clients and work towards a shared goal.
- A Change Management process that helps the organizations, both Federal and Contractor staff, to embrace change in a positive manner.
- Customer Surveys as a tool to provide a method to assess stakeholders views on the parameters of service delivery, including quality, timeliness, and efficiency. The survey’s results are used in the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) which is one of the ITIL processes.
- Training program to improve the education and the professionalism of the workforce.
- Clear dispute resolution processes and procedures regarding the recording, reporting, scoring, and reviewing of performance.